Spring Break Sun and Family Fun in the Florida Keys
The wild beauty of the Florida Keys provides a perfect playground for nature-loving families in search of adventure and relaxation this Spring Break. In March and April, the subtropical climate is not uncomfortably hot but beautifully warm to explore the natural wonders of the Keys, in and out of the sparkling waters.
Marathon is not a “party town,” so families can unwind in the lap of luxury at Tranquility Bay Resort and focus on precious time together surrounded by beautiful beaches, perfect pools, lush green gardens, and a refreshing balmy breeze. Take advantage of our latest offers available from our specials page for super savings this Spring Break.
Rise and Shine in Paradise
As one of the best family resorts in the Florida Keys, Tranquility Bay is home to a selection of spacious two-level beach houses with a choice of two or three bedrooms, all complete with a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, a separate dining area, laundry facilities and a living room with 42-inch wall mounted plasma TV, and wireless internet. Open up the French doors, kick back together on the porch and breathe in stunning views of the glistening Gulf of Mexico.
Families traveling on a budget this Spring Break can enjoy our double queen guestrooms. More intimate than our larger beach houses, these super comfortable options still offer much more space than a standard hotel room.
From Poolside to Oceanside
Join the kids as they make a splash in one of three swimming pools including a lagoon-style tropical pool, then venture to the private beach just steps away to sprawl out on powder-soft white sand. Get set to discover a huge variety of onsite water-based activities, from snorkeling and diving to kayaking and fishing.
Satisfy Your Appetite
Treat your taste buds to the refreshing taste of the Florida Keys at one of our two onsite dining venues, including TJ’s Tiki Bar where lunch, daytime snacks and cool island drinks are served oceanside. Family dining is also available at our award-winning restaurant, Butterfly Cafe, which features a Little Caterpillars menu for younger diners. For private family time, cook up a feast in your own gourmet kitchen at Tranquility Bay when purchasing a two or three-bedroom beach house. A Publix grocery store is nearby to stock up on all your family needs.
Family Fun For All Ages
Whether it’s practising your swing on our Nicklaus-designed putting green, dipping in and out of the pools, building sand castles on the beach, or diving into a host of water-sports, you and your family will have every opportunity to stay active and relax during your Spring Break escape at Tranquility Bay. If you’re planning a visit in March, don’t miss the delicious Original Marathon Seafood Festival from 10th – 11th which is celebrated as one of the Middle Keys’ signature events for families.
Within easy reach of Tranquility Bay are some exciting family-friendly attractions waiting to be explored, including:
- Bahia Honda State Park: The park is celebrated for having one of the world’s top beaches and is home to many rare and unusual plants and animals.
- Crane Point: Visitors to this 64-acre protected park may tour the Museum of Natural History, Children’s Museum, Adderley Town Historic Site and Marathon Wild Bird Center, or explore the extensive nature trail system, an ideal stop on your Marathon Key vacation.
- Pigeon Key: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Pigeon Key served as a construction and maintenance camp for the Overseas Railroad during the early 1900s. The remarkable structures that remain provide a window back in time.
- Dolphin Research Center: Fun for the entire family, the Dolphin Research Center offers nature lovers in-water encounters with marine mammals, as well as fascinating insight into their behavior.
- Turtle Hospital: Located next door to the resort, the Turtle Hospital is dedicated to the health and preservation of sea turtles. The Hospital offers guided, educational tours and a behind-the-scenes look at the rehabilitation of sick and injured turtles, something everyone in the family will appreciate on your Marathon FL vacation.
- Seven Mile Bridge: The longest bridge in the Keys is located at the southern end of Marathon and measures 35,716 ft. Take a family walk across the bridge and enjoy a majestic Florida Keys sunset.
- Sombrero Reef: Mile Marker 50, Oceanside. One of the most beautiful areas within the Keys’ living coral reef, Sombrero Reef is protected by the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuaries and is popular with eco-tourists who enjoy snorkeling and diving.
- Sombrero Beach: This 12.6-acre beach is one of the most popular vacation spots in Marathon. Renovated in 2003, the beach offers creative landscaping, walkways, picnic areas and a roped off swimming area.
- Coco Plum Beach: This small, natural beach is an enjoyable stop. It is a quiet, dog-friendly beach with clean-up baggies provided.