Monthly Archives: March 2014
Why Families Love Marathon, Florida for Spring Break
The Florida Keys offer an array of family activity during the spring break period so it’s no wonder why guests flock to Tranquility Bay Resort in March and April. Marathon, Florida is far from a party town so families can rest easy knowing that Tranquility Bay is an excellent spring break destination for families in March and April, 2014.
As one of the best family resorts in the Florida Keys, we offer spacious two and three-bedroom beach houses that are ideal for families! If that’s not enough, kids love bouncing from our lagoon style tropical swimming pool and our white sand beach, located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.
You won’t have to go far for meals with casual dining at TJ’s Tiki Bar or try our award winning restaurant, Butterfly Cafe which has a fantastic kid’s menu. If you’re up to it, you can even cook a family feast in your own gourmet kitchen at Tranquility Bay.
Families and children especially love watching a gorgeous Florida Keys sunset, teeing up on our putting green, or enjoying an array of watersports, including: diving and snorkeling adventures, kayaking, paddle boarding, wave runners, Hobi Cat and small boat rentals and guided eco-tours.
Call 866-842-2512 to speak with an on-site vacation planner about spring break family vacations in 2014.
Florida Keys Spring Break Offers at Tranquility Bay
- Weekly Rate: Spend 5 nights and save more
- Weekday Retreat: Save more on weekdays
- Advance Purchase Savings: Book in advance and save
- View more spring break deals
View our Spacious Two and Three-Bedroom Beach Houses
These charming Florida Keys accommodations feature two-level living, ideal for up to four people. The beautifully proportioned first floor features a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, separate dining area for four, half bath and living room with 42-inch wall mounted plasma TV, and wireless internet.
French doors on both levels lead to spacious porches with spectacular, and unobstructed water views of the Gulf of Mexico. Laundry facilities and bedrooms are upstairs. View our Two-Bedroom Beach Houses or Three-Bedroom Beach Houses
If you’re willing to forego the kitchen and living room for a single-level guestroom, try our new Tropical Garden Guestrooms. A double queen guestroom can accommodate four guests, similar to hotel room accommodations.
Spring Break Family Vacation Ideas: Onsite Activities at Tranquility Bay
Featuring glorious weather year round and endless activities such as Florida Keys fishing, Marathon is an exciting destination for family vacations. With its exceptional setting, comprehensive facilities and knowledgeable staff, Tranquility Bay is the ideal choice for those who wish to experience all the Florida Keys have to offer, especially for those looking to the explore the awaiting adventures in our surrounding Florida Gulf waters.
Family Attractions in Marathon, Florida
- Bahia Honda State Park: The park is celebrated for having one of the world’s top beaches and is home to many rare and unusual plants and animals.
- Crane Point: Visitors to this 64-acre protected park may tour the Museum of Natural History, Children’s Museum, Adderley Town Historic Site and Marathon Wild Bird Center, or explore the extensive nature trail system, an ideal stop on your Marathon Key vacation.
- Pigeon Key: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Pigeon Key served as a construction and maintenance camp for the Overseas Railroad during the early 1900s. The remarkable structures that remain provide a window back in time.
- Dolphin Research Center: Fun for the entire family, the Dolphin Research Center offers nature lovers, in-water encounters with marine mammals, as well as fascinating insight into their behavior.
- Turtle Hospital: Located next door to the resort, the Turtle Hospital is dedicated to the health and preservation of sea turtles. The Hospital offers guided, educational tours and a behind-the-scenes look at the rehabilitation of sick and injured turtles, something everyone in the family will appreciate on your Marathon FL vacation.
- Seven Mile Bridge: The longest bridge in the Keys is located at the southern end of Marathon and measures 35,716 ft. Take a family walk across the bridge and enjoy a majestic Florida Keys sunset.
- Sombrero Reef: Mile Marker 50, Oceanside. One of the most beautiful areas within the Keys’ living coral reef, Sombrero Reef is protected by the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuaries and is popular with eco-tourists who enjoy snorkeling and diving.
- Sombrero Beach: This 12.6-acre beach is one of the most popular vacation spots in Marathon. Renovated in 2003, the beach offers creative landscaping, walkways, picnic areas and a roped off swimming area.
- Coco Plum Beach: This small, natural beach is an enjoyable stop. It is a quiet, dog-friendly beach with clean-up baggies provided.
As we wave farewell to a long winter and welcome some much-needed warmer days on the horizon, now is the time to treat yourself to a last minute spring break escape, or book early for summer vacation in the Florida Keys.
To indulge in a slice of paradise complete with fresh seafood, relaxation, a calm ocean and unbeatable hospitality, head to the sunshine-filled Florida Keys and book a discount break at our luxury Tranquility Bay Resort in Marathon, during the “Spring Into Summer 7-day Sale.”
For a limited time only, we’re offering up to 25% off stays when you book by March 17, 2014.
You can unwind and relax in the peaceful, secluded surroundings of Tranquility Bay Resort during March or April and enjoy a 15% savings, or book a summer vacation and save up to 25% which is valid on stays through September 22.
Whether you choose to stay in one of our spacious self-catering two and three-bedroom beach houses, or if you prefer more intimate accommodation in one of our new “Tropical Garden Guestrooms,” you will experience the ultimate in relaxation at an affordable price making Tranquility Bay Resort the ideal hideaway for families and couples.
With great discounts on room bookings this spring and summer, you can sit back and make the most of all the resort has to offer.
There are three sparkling pools in which to take a dip; award-winning dining at Butterfly Cafe; refreshing cocktails to sip at our beachfront TJ’s Tiki Bar; a 2.5 acre white sand beach to lounge and relax before cooling off in the crystal-clear ocean.
And if you’re after adventure, Marathon is home to a range of activities for all ages, from world-class fishing and golf to water sports and snorkeling.
Call 877-705-5758 to speak with an onsite vacation planner or book online now.